Wednesday 20 February 2013

Movie Character Art: Commissioner Gordon



I thought I'd do a piece of Movie art and after about my 5th watch of The Dark night Rises, commissioner Gordon stood out.

I see Commissioner Gordon as not only one of the central characters but arguably the most important Character of the third movie, after Batman of course. The process for this one is pretty simple. Straight black paint brush Illustration with varied brushes, opacity and flow. Then I made a textured background  with some simple filter techniques and a bit of color experimentation and hey-preto as they say. Overall time to complete around 6 hours. I really enjoyed this one and I think the piece captures the moment and the character well. I hope to find time to do some more 'Dark Knight' character portraits between, commissions and Uni work.

No comments:

Post a Comment