Friday 1 June 2012


Portrait 6: The Governator

This piece is really more photo maipulation than portrait but still took a while to get right. The premise for this 'Governator piece' is fairly simple. Four layers. One for background, one for a terminator image, one for arnie and one for effects and shadow.


After placing in arnie, I played with the tone, contrast levels and cropped out the original background. After that I placed in the terminator image and fused the two layers together;cropping out anything i didn't need. I then used the eraser tool to uncover most of arnie's face, leaving just parts unexposed so you could see the terminator exoskelleton beneath. I then added some darken effects like inner glow and drop shadow. I also added a red color tint to the layer between so You get the effects of blood and torn skin between the two layers.



After I had played with the light contrast so the image looked complete I added a simple background photo of the 'White House' front garden to complete the portrait. Total time to do was a 2-3 hours but If you are more proficiant with photoshop you could prob do it in an hour and a half. I'm pretty stoked with the result, so much so that I made a terminator version of my own photograph and made it my Facebook profile photograph.

Keep viewing over the summer guys! heaps more work to go up!! Additionally if anyone has any requests post them to my email address at: ogwayno@hotmail.com or join my Facebook page 'Wayne Barker Illustration'.





No comments:

Post a Comment