Saturday 26 May 2012

 Portrait 3: Michael jordan

This portrait initially started as one of my more conventional illustrations (just a pencil portrait) but soon evolved into a more digital looking piece. Due to some recent time spent using photoshop I feel compelled to at least tweek some of my work and see what kind of stuff I can come up with. This portrait was relitively simple and less time consuming to make than both the 'Dali' and 'Hunter S Thompson' portraits. I scanned in the portrait after adding a custom tint from 'instagram' (of all applications) then very quickly went to filters<stylize<extrude<pixel level 2. After getting the desired effect I wanted I added a background layer, placed a poster of a MJ photo collage, changed the levels, added another filter and hey presto! potrait complete. I wanted to distort the image but at the same time wanted to keep as much of the datail in tha face as intact as possible; I think I have managed to achieve this quite well but expect this style to evolve more as I get to grips with the many facits of Photoshop in the future. 





Next portait: photo collage of the rapper 'Tupac Shakur'. thanks for viewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment